The winery is located northeast of Saint-Emilion in the area of the same name ( Bordeaux ). The history of the estate is closely related to that of the neighboring one Chateau Pavie connected. In the 18th century, the vineyards of both estates belonged to Abbé Raymond de Sèze, who also had what is today the manor built in 1745. In 1840, the estate, then known as Château Mondot, was taken over by Raymond Troplong. From 1921 to 1936 it was owned by the wine merchant Georges Thienpont, who then sold it to Alexander Valette. It has been run by former journalist Christine Valette since 1981. The estate was one of the first customers of the oenologist Michel Rolland (* 1947). The property, previously classified as "Grand Cru Classé", was upgraded to "Premier Grand Cru Classé B" in 2006. The vineyards cover 30 hectares of vines with the Merlot (90%), Cabernet Sauvignon (5%) and Cabernet Franc (5%) are planted. The extremely long-lived red wine is aged for 12 to 24 months in 75% new barriques. Of the second wine is called "Mondot".