SIGN UP LOG IN

The largest wine encyclopedia in the world

22.777 Keywords • 48.497 Synonyms • 5.298 Translations • 7.909 Pronunciations • 151.261 Cross-references

0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Colli Etruschi Viterbesi

DOC range for a wide range of reds, rosés and white wines in the Italian region of Lazio. Alternatively, the name Tuscia (after the historic landscape in central Italy, in the antiquity Etruria, the land of Etruscan ) be used. The area includes the municipalities of Acquapendente, Arlena di Castro, Bagnoregio, Barbarano Romano, Bassano in Teverina, Blera, Bolsena, Bomarzo, Canino, Capodimonte, Castiglione in Teverina, Celleno, Cellere, Civitella d'Agliano, Farnese, Gradoli, Graffignano, Grotto di Castro, Ischia di Castro, Latera, Lubriano, Marta, Montefiascone, Monte Romano, Onano, Oriolo Romano, Places, Piansano, Proceno, San Lorenzo Nuovo, Tessennano, Tuscania, Valentano, Vejano, Vetralla, Villa San Giovanni in Tuscia, Viterbo and Vitorchiano in the province of Viterbo. Only in the municipalities of Capodimonte, Marta and in the district of San Savino (old town of Tuscania) is also the name Cannaiola (derived from the grape Cannaiola di Marta / Canaiolo Nero) possible. If the grapes come from classified vineyards, can Vigna followed by the layer name.

The varietal wines must contain at least 85% of the grape variety concerned, with the white wines explicitly being the variety Malvasia Bianca di Candia is excluded for the remaining 15% because of the aromatic property. The six red wines are Canaiolo ( Canaiolo Nero ), Grechetto ( Grechetto Rosso ) Merlot. Sangiovese, Sangiovese Rosato and Violone ( Montepulciano ). The five white wines are Grechetto Bianco ( Grechetto di Orvieto ), Moscatello and Moscatello Passito (Moscato Bianco = Muscat Blanc ) Procanico (Variety of Trebbiano Toscano ) and Rossetto,

The Bianco is made from Procanico (40-80%), Malvasia Toscana or Malvasia del Lazio (max 30%), as well as other approved varieties (max 30%) blended. Rosso (also as Novello ) and Rosato are produced from Sangiovese (50-65%), Montepulciano (20-45%) and other authorized varieties (maximum 30%). a Frizzante Bianco, Grechetto, Moscatello, Procanico, Rosso, Rosato, Sangiovese and Sangiovese Rosato. Many of these wines are in secco and amabile.

World's largest wine knowledge database, made with by our author Norbert Tischelmayer.

About the Glossary

Calendar EVENTS NEAR YOU

Privacy Notice: ×

Cookies facilitate the provision of our services. By using our services, you agree that we use cookies.