SIGN UP LOG IN

The largest wine encyclopedia in the world

22.777 Keywords • 48.561 Synonyms • 5.298 Translations • 7.910 Pronunciations • 151.047 Cross-references

0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Colli Martani

DOC area for red and white wines in the Italian region Umbria, The area includes the entire municipalities of Giano dell'Umbria and Gualdo Cattaneo, as well as parts of the municipalities of Bettona, Bevagna, Cannara, Castel Ritaldi, Collazzone, Deruta, Massa Martana, Monte Castello di Vibio, Montefalco, Spoleto and Todi. The two sub-zones Grechetto di Todi and Vernaccia di Cannara comprise parts of the two municipalities of Todi and Cannara.

The Bianco has to go out Trebbiano Toscano, the Rosso Sangiovese and the spumante in any mixture of Grechetto, Chardonnay and Pinot Nero ( Pinot Noir ) consist. All three wines can contain a maximum of 50% other approved varieties. The varietal wines must consist of at least 85% of the respective variety, the remaining 15% may be approved varieties. These are the white wines Chardonnay, Grechetto ( Grechetto di Orvieto ), Grechetto di Todi (Subzone), Riesling, Sauvignon ( Sauvignon Blanc ) and Trebbiano, as well as the red wines (also called Riserva except Vernaccia), Cabernet Sauvignon. Merlot, Sangiovese, Vernaccia Nera or Vernaccia ( Garnacha Tinta ) and Vernaccia Cannara (subzone). For white wines, a maximum of 10% of the two varieties may be used Malvasia Bianca di Candia and Malvasia Bianca Lunga be included.

World's largest wine knowledge database, made with by our author Norbert Tischelmayer.

About the Glossary

Calendar EVENTS NEAR YOU

Privacy Notice: ×

Cookies facilitate the provision of our services. By using our services, you agree that we use cookies.