The champagne house was built in 1838 by the two Germans in Aÿ William Guillaume Deutz (1809-1884) and Peter-Joseph-Hubert Geldermann (1810-1869). Deutz had the craft in the champagne house Bollinger learned in Aÿ and met here his (also as a salesman) employed partner. At the end of the 1860s, René Deutz and Alfred Geldermann inherited the company from their fathers. Later, Alfred Geldermann married Marie Deutz, the sister of René Deutz, with which the bond was deepened. In the early 20th century, a branch was founded in the Alsatian town of Hagenau, which was then moved in 1924 to Breisach am Rhein (Baden) under the name "Sektkellerei Deutz & Geldermann". In 1927 Deutz & Geldermann was transformed into an AG. In 1988, the company was split into a Champagne (Champagne Deutz) and a sparkling wine producer (Badische Geldermann Privat-Sektkellerei). The founding daughter Marie Deutz had a Renè Lallier married, the Lallier family took over the Geldermann part.
The largest German sparkling wine producer today Rotkäppchen-Mumm At the beginning of 2003, a Lallier offspring took over the main shares in the sparkling wine company Geldermann. Since 1993, the champagne company Deutz is owned by Louis Roederer, but has retained its originality. Today, grapes of 190 hectares are processed, but only 38 hectares of it are self-managed. The remainder comes from the purchase of grapes from wine growers with whom Deutz has maintained relationships for generations. The areas are located within a radius of 30 km around the Grand Cru community Aÿ. The product range includes the brands "Brut Classic" and "William Deutz" Pinot Noir. Pinot Meunier and Chardonnay be assembled. The Cuvée de Prestige is called "Amour de Deutz" and is sorted from Chardonnay grapes. The estate also includes the Delas Frères winery with vineyards in the Rhône area Côte Rôtie. Hermitage and Condrieu,