The winery is located in the municipality Chambolle-Musigny
in the Burgundian area Côte de Nuits
, The domain was founded towards the end of the 14th century by a Jean Moisson, who was already working in viticulture. This financed around 1400 the old town church. In 1766 Cerice married François Melchior de Vogüé the last female Moisson descendant. The ownership was increased by barter and purchase. Impressive is the vaulted cellar from the 15th century. When Comte Georges de Vogue (1898-1987) took over the winery from his father, it was renamed "Comte Arthur de Vogue" in the present name. From 1980 until the death of Georges took over his daughter Elizabeth increasingly responsibility and formed a new team. Today's owners in their 20th generation are the granddaughters Claire de Causans and Marie de Ladoucette. The vineyards cover just over 12 hectares of vineyards, which are mainly planted with Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. There are shares in the two Crand Cru locations Bonnes Mares
(2.75 ha) and Musigny
(7.25 ha from the 10 ha), as well as at the Premier Cru Les Amoureuses. The flagship of the house is the red wine "Musigny Cuvée Vieilles Vignes" (Old vines). The 1990 vintage is considered particularly outstanding (see also under Wine of the century
). Only from the Domaine is produced in small quantities a Musigny white wine from Chardonnay.