The winery is located in the municipality Chambolle-Musigny
in the Burgundian area Cote de Nuits
, The domain was founded at the end of the 14th century by a Jean Moisson who was already a winegrower. This financed the old town church around 1400. In 1766 Cerice François Melchior de Vogüé married the last female Moisson descendant. Ownership was increased through exchange and purchase. The vaulted cellar from the 15th century is impressive. When Comte Georges de Vogüé (1898-1987) took over the winery from his father, it was renamed "Comte Arthur de Vogüé" to its current name. From 1980 to the death of George, his daughter Elizabeth took on more responsibility and formed a new team. Today's owners in the 20th generation of the family are the granddaughters Claire de Causans and Marie de Ladoucette. The vineyards cover just over 12 hectares of vineyards, which are mainly planted with Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. There are shares in the two Crand-Cru locations Bonnes Mares
(2.75 ha) and Musigny
(7.25 ha from the 10 ha), as well as at the premier cru location Les Amoureuses. The flagship of the house is the red wine "Musigny Cuvée Vieilles Vignes" (old vines). The 1990 vintage is considered to be particularly outstanding (see also under Wine of the century
). A Musigny white wine from Chardonnay is also produced in small quantities exclusively by the Domaine.