The estate is located in the municipality Saarburg (Saar area) in the German wine-growing region Moselle
, It was built by Josef Heinrich Wagner, the great-grandfather of today's owner Heinz Wagner, from 1898 to 1900 as a sparkling wine and winery. He founded the sparkling wine industry on the Saar. The Wagner quality wines were delivered to some salons in Berlin and also to the court of Saxe-Coburg. Adolf Wagner (* 1876) built after his training in Reims (Champagne) from the year 1900 in the period 1912 to 1914, the sparkling wine castle Saarfels in nearby Serrig. However, the castle had to be sold due to the First World War and the economic crisis in the early 1930s; the parent company in Saarburg was preserved. With the takeover of the core business in Saarburg-Beurig by Adolfs son dr. Heinz Wagner received the operation of today's name. Heinz Wagner has been producing champagne again since the early 1990s, continuing the old family tradition.
The vineyards cover eight hectares of vineyards in the individual layers Bockstein
(Saar Burg). They are exclusively planted with over 30 years old Riesling vines. The wines are fermented and aged exclusively in traditional old 1000-liter wooden barrels, of which there is still a stock of about 70 pieces in the largest vaulted cellar on the Saar. The fermentation is initiated as far as possible without pure yeasts and runs without additional cooling slowly and at relatively low temperatures. The winery is a member of VDP
(Verband deutscher Prädikatsweingüter).