The winery at Palermo on the Italian island Sicily
was founded in 1824 by Edoardo Alliata di Villafranca. Having been in the region for a long time, it now belongs to the huge Illva Saronno group of companies. No DOC wines are produced. Every year around 830,000 boxes of wine are produced. The grapes are widely supplied from central and western Sicily. The largest production share is the two dry IGT wines "Corvo Rosso" (mainly Nero d'Avola) and "Corvo Bianco" (mainly Catarratto), which are among the most famous Sicilian brand wines. Other wines are the white "Colomba Platino" (from Inzolia and Grecanico), the red wine matured in barrique "Duca Enrico" (varietal from Nero d'Avola), as well as also developed in barrique Bianco di Valguarnera (Inzolia).