The winery is located above the Chiana valley near Valiano, opposite Montepulciano (province of Siena) in the Italian region Tuscany
, The Palazzo Vecchio was once part of the Hospital Ospedale degli Innocenti in Florence and became the property of the technical-agricultural institute Angelo Vegni delle Capezzine at the beginning of the 20th century. In 1952, the property was bought by Conte Riccardo Zorzi, who started viticulture. Marco Sbernadori and his wife Maria Alessandra Zorzi have been running the business since 1980. The property covers a total of 85 hectares of land. The vineyards comprise 25 hectares of vineyards planted with the red varieties Prugnolo Gentile (Sangiovese clone), Sangiovese, Mammolo, Canaiolo Nero and Merlot, as well as the white varieties Grechetto Bianco and Malvasia. The product range includes DOC Rosso di Montepulciano
and Vin Santo
, DOCG Vino Nobile di Montepulciano
, as well as some IGT wines.