A port wine company Fonseca, Monteiro & Co was founded in the 18th century in the postage -Vorstadt Vila Nova de Gaia founded by Englishmen. It was then bought in 1822 by the Portuguese Manuel Pedro Guimarãens. Since 1991, the company is now run by David Guimarãens in the fifth generation of the family. For a long time, the company was called Guimarãens Vinhos, in 1988 it was renamed to its current name. The estate includes the three Quintas Cruzeiro, Panascal and Santo António with a total of 130 hectares, where port wine and other wines are produced. Among the top products of the house are the Vintage Port, the Ruby Reserve Bin 27 and the ecologically produced Terra Prima. Although Fonseca-Guimarãens was founded in 1948 by the Multi Taylor's However, the two houses are managed independently in terms of products and styles. To the company of the same name Fonseca in Azãteijo there is no connection.