The Californian winery is located north of St. Helena in the Napa Valley
, The origin lies in a cellar founded in 1886 under the name "Tychson Cellars". Josephine Tychson sold her in 1894 to her foreman Nils Larsen. Then in 1898 it was owned by Antonio Forni, who named himself after his Italian birthplace "Lombarda Cellars". After the introduction of prohibition
In 1920, the company was discontinued. In 1939 he was bought by the three Southern California businessmen Albert "Abbey" Ahern, Charles Freeman and Markquand Foster. They gave him today's name, which was formed from parts of all three names. Finally, he was acquired by seven Napa businessmen in 1966. One of them was Brad Webb, who joined the late 1950s Hanzell
introduced the aging in barriques and made a name for it. The winery with new management became known in a short time by its excellent wines from Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon.
Pioneering work was done in 1973 when, for the first time, a Riesling made from noble rotten Riesling grapes called "Edelwein Gold" was produced. At the legendary Paris Wine Tasting
In 1976 the company was the only winery with a white wine and a red wine represented (other nine only one wine). The "Chardonnay 1972" took the tenth place and the "Cabernet Sauvignon 1967" the tenth place. The vineyards cover 120 hectares of vineyards with the domains Bosché Estate, Red Barne Ranch and Sycamore Vineyards. They are planted with the red varieties Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Petite Sirah and Sangiovese, as well as the white varieties Chardonnay, Riesling and Sauvignon Blanc. The company was sold in 2001 to the "Legacy Estates Group".