SIGN UP LOG IN

The largest wine encyclopedia in the world

22.636 Keywords • 48.657 Synonyms • 5.293 Translations • 7.914 Pronunciations • 149.020 Cross-references

0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Friuli Grave

DOC range for a wide range of red, rosé and white wines in the Italian region Friuli-Venezia Giulia, The zone includes with 36 municipalities in the province of Pordenone and 58 municipalities in the province of Udine. The name derives (as in Graves in the Bordeaux ) due to the predominant gravel and scree with alluvial soil in the valleys of the rivers Judrio, Livenza, Meduna, Natisone, Tagliamento and Torre. The area stretches from the plain at Livenza (border river to the western adjoining region Veneto ) to the eastern adjoining DOC area Colli Orientali del Friuli, The eastern part is cooler and wetter than the western one with a maritime climate. The best wines come from the broad Tagliamento river valley, with its meager and pebbly ("magredi") soil. These are the triangle Spilimbergo, Bertiolo and Carsarsa, on the west bank at Barbiano, San Giorgio della Richinvelda, San Martino, Rauscedo and Tauriano as well as on the east bank at Bertiolo, Codroipo and Rivolto. The vineyards cover 6,500 hectares, producing two-thirds of the total and about half of the region's DOC wines.

The varietal wines are produced from at least 95% of the respective variety, the remaining 5% may be other approved varieties. The white wines are Chardonnay, Friulano (Tai = Sauvignonasse ), Pinot Bianco ( Pinot Blanc ), Pinot Grigio ( Pinot gris ), Riesling Renano ( Riesling ), Sauvignon ( Sauvignon Blanc ), Traminer Aromatico ( Gewurztraminer ) and Verduzzo Friulano, The red wines are Cabernet (Cabernet Franc and / or Cabernet Sauvignon), Cabernet Franc. Cabernet Sauvignon. Merlot, Pinot Nero ( Pinot Noir ) and Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso,

The Bianco is made from the approved varieties except Traminer Aromatico. The wine types Rosso and Rosato and the Novello are made from the approved varieties. A white one Spumante is available from Chardonnay and Pinot Nero. a Frizzante It comes from the types of wine Rosato, Chardonna, Pinot Bianco and Verduzzo Friulano. a Riserva with longer maturity, there are of all types of wine except Novello and Rosato.

World's largest wine knowledge database, made with by our author Norbert Tischelmayer.

About the Glossary

Calendar EVENTS NEAR YOU

Privacy Notice: ×

Cookies facilitate the provision of our services. By using our services, you agree that we use cookies.