The estate is located in the municipality Thörnich (Bernkastel area) in the German wine-growing region Moselle
, It was founded in 1628 and has been family owned ever since. In mid-2005, the next generation, Meike and Thomas Ludwig, took over the management of the traditional company. The vineyards cover nine hectares of vineyards in the layers Ritsch
and Schießlay (Thörnich), as well brotherhood
(Kluesserath). They are the white varieties Riesling (80%, in part to over 100 years old), Müller-Thurgau, Pinot Gris, Pinot Blanc and Sauvignon Blanc, and planted with the red varieties Frühburgunder and St. Laurent. Since 2003, viticulture has been certified as environmentally friendly. Even in winemaking, the highest quality is sought by natural means. The work with grapes, must and wine is done according to the traditional principle "as much as necessary, as little as possible". In suitable years also noble sweet Beerenauslese and ice wines are pressed. Bottle-fermented sparkling wines and brandies (pomace, wine, apple) are also produced.