The Institute for grapevine breeding Geilweilerhof in Siebeldingen (Palatinate Germany) emerged from two institutions that were founded independently in the 1920s. In 1924, August Ludowici (1866-1945), the last private owner of the Geilweilerhof, left the Palatinate Viticulture Association free of charge. The Agriculture Council Peter Morio (1887-1960) established on this site two years later, the field office "vine breeding" of the Bavarian State Institute for Wine, Fruit and Horticulture in Würzburg. In the same year in Müncheberg (Mark Brandenburg) by Dr. med. Erwin Baur (1875-1933) founded the Kaiser-Wilhems-Institut für Züchtungsforschung; Bernhard Husfeld (1900-1970). Both Morio and Husfeld dealt intensively with the breeding of against phylloxera and both Mildew species resistant grape varieties. After the Second World War Husfeld shifted his breeding material to the Geilweilerhof. The company founded by him leased the farm and founded the "research institute for vine breeding". Husfeld was present at the institute until 1970, when his longtime assistant dr. Gerhardt Alleweldt (1927-2005) the line.