The largest wine encyclopedia in the world

23.062 Keywords • 48.237 Synonyms • 5.303 Translations • 28.368 Pronunciations • 155.282 Cross-references

0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Georgia Wine & Spirits

GWS is located in the city of Telawi in the Kakheti region in Georgia, The former state company was privatized in 1994 and converted into a public limited company. The French company Pernod Ricard acquired 51% and determines the direction. The remaining 49% are owned by the Georgian businessman Lewan Gatchchiladze (* 1964). The hallmark is a jumping horse with a winged rider. The large product range includes wines from areas such as Achascheni, Chwantschkara. Kindzmarauli. Mukuzani. Napareuli. Tsinandali and Tvishi. Sparkling wines and distillates (brandy, pomace brandy = Chacha) are also produced.

World's largest wine knowledge database, made with by our author Norbert Tischelmayer.

About the Glossary

Calendar EVENTS NEAR YOU To Online-Events

Privacy Notice: ×

Cookies facilitate the provision of our services. By using our services, you agree that we use cookies.