Municipal appellation in French Burgundy at the center of the large area Cote Chalonnaise, It extends across areas of the community of Givry, Dracy-le-Fort and Jambles. The vineyards cover around 450 hectares of vineyards, of which almost 70 hectares on over 20 Premier cru locations omitted. These include Berges, Bois Chevaux, Cellier aux Moines, Clos Charlé, Clos de la Servoisine, Clos Marolle, Clos Saint-Pierre, Clos Salomon, La Baraude, La Grande Berge, Le Petit Prétan, Les Grands Prétans, Petit Marole, Petit Prétants, Vaux and Vignes Rouges. The "Fête de la vigne" wine festival takes place in Givry every year on the first weekend in September.
The winemakers from Givry proudly claim that their red wine is known to the great wine connoisseur König Henry IV (1553-1610) tasted best. His frequent visits were not only for wine, but especially for his beloved Gabrielle d'Estrées, who lived in the nearby castle of Germolles. On the label the name of the king is therefore often given in the form "Vin préféré du Roi Henri IV". Every third Saturday of January, the "Confrérie des Chevaliers du Cep Henri IV" celebrates the traditional "St. Vincent" festival in honor of the patron saint of French winegrowers Vincent of Valencia, on each of which a winegrower owns the statue of St. Vincent for one year and acts as the “guardian of the statue” (guardian of the statue).