The Henriot family has been growing wine in the region since 1640 Champagne, The Champagne house based in Reims was founded by Appoline Henriot in 1808 after the death of her husband, making it one of the oldest. Two ladies from the house married into the family of the champagne house Heidsieck
on. Ernest Henriot founded the champagne house of the same name with his brother-in-law Charles Heidsieck in 1851, but returned to the family company in 1875. In 1976 Henriot was merged with the Charles Heidsieck company, with Joseph Henriot controlling both companies. Then the group took over in 1985 LVMH
the Henriot section and Joseph Henriot worked for the Champagne House for eight years Veuve Clicquot-Ponsardin
, Finally, in 1994, he bought back the Henriot company (but without the vineyards).
A year later, the Burgundian trading house Bouchard Père et Fils
acquired. The vineyards in Champagne cover around 100 hectares of vineyards, for example in the crus Avize
, Chouilly, Le Mesnil, Oger
and Vertus. To a large extent they are planted with Chardonnay (40%) and Pinot Noir. For the champagne
only these two varieties are used (no Pinot Meunier). The company's top products include "Brut Souverain" (Chardonnay and Pinot Noir) and "Blanc de Blancs Brut" (Chardonnay). The Cuvée de Prestige
of the house is called "Cuvée des Enchanteleurs". This vintage champagne, which is only produced in its prime, is assembled from Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. In total, around 1.5 million bottles of champagne are produced every year.