The winery is located in the Morscheid in the German wine-growing region Moselle, The first written mention dates from 1349. In 1999, the 650th birthday of the house was celebrated. Friedrich von Kesselstatt was appointed in 1377 by the Elector to the administrator of the cellars of the court. When Hugo Casimir Graf von Kesselstatt was steward of the estate from 1761 to 1794, Elector Clemens Wenzeslaus of Saxony Wettin issued the ordinance in 1787 to plant better vines instead of the "reprehensible Rhenish vines", which meant Riesling in the first place. In 1978 it was taken over by the family Reh and is managed by Gerhard Gartner. The former seat of the winery was the Palais Kesselstatt in Trier, which was built in the period 1740-1746 on the foundations of a Roman glassworks in Baroque style. There are today the restaurant and the wine tavern of the winery. The seat was moved in 1999 to Marienlay Palace in Ruwertal. Since 1988, all wines have been produced there in the newly built winery.
The vineyards cover 36 hectares of vineyards in all three river valleys of the growing area. These are the individual layers Doctor (Bernkastel) Juffer sundial ( Brauneberg ) Domprobst and the sole owned Josephshöfer (Graach) Nies'chen and Kehrnagel (Kasel) Bockstein (Ockfen), canon and Goldtröpfchen (Piesport) sundial (Wehlen), as well Braunfels. Gottesfuß. Kupp and Scharzhofberg (Wiltingen). You are 100% with the Riesling planted. All wines will be fermented spontaneously and a long storage on the lees is philosophy. The vinification takes place in a traditional way in order to preserve the character of the vineyard. The marketing takes place in the four lines estate wines, collection Mosel, collection Saar and collection Ruwer. Bottle-fermented sparkling wines and brandies (pomace, pear, mirabelle) are also produced. The winery is a member of VDP,