Often occurring single-layer name in Germany. The name indicates a former possession or management by the Catholic Jesuit order.
The name derives from the Jesuit Order, which owned the location until 1773. In the Bavarian class classification of 1828, the situation was rated second highest. The oriented to the southeast vineyard in 120 to 150 meters above sea level with up to 15% slope covers seven hectares of vineyards. The soils consist of Buntsandstein weathering with inclusions of volcanic basalt and calcareous clay marl with high humus content. Here is especially the variety Riesling cultivated. Shares in the situation have for example the wineries Bassermann-Jordan. Dr. Bürklin-Wolf. Margarethenhof. Mosbacher Georg. Müller Eugen. Reichsrat von Buhl. Spindler Henry and Winery of Winning,
The origin of the name goes back to the year 1606, when the archbishop of Mainz handed over the chapel of St. Bartholomae plus vineyards to the Jesuit College in Mainz, which owned the vineyards until 1773. From the former church building is still a small chapel preserved. The oriented south to southwest vineyards in 80 to 120 meters above sea level with 10% slope include 26 hectares of vineyards. They are right on the shore of the Rhine and are well protected by a wall. The deep, calcareous loess soils have gravel and sand deposits with a high proportion of fine soil. Here is mainly the Riesling cultivated. Shares in the situation have for example the wineries Allendorf. Ankermühle. Eser August. Privy Councilor J. Wegeler Erben. Johannishof Eser. Prince of Hesse and Spreader Andreas & Bernd,