The Châlons-sur-Champagne Champagne House was founded at the end of the 18th century by Alexandre Perrier under the name "Perrier et Fils". His son Joseph renamed it "Joseph Perrier" in 1825. Today the company is managed by Jean Claude Fourmon, a direct descendant of the founder. From 1995 there was a short-term participation of Laurent-Perrier, In 1998, Fourmon sold 51% stake in his cousin Alain Thiénot but the company will continue to be managed by him. The Cuvée de Prestige is "Joséphine" with a major stake in Chardonnay. Another brand is "Cuvée Royale" that out Pinot Noir. Pinot Meunier and Chardonnay is blended. The rose version of the champagne was already delivered to Queen Victoria (1819-1901) and her son King Edward VII (1849-1910). A version Blanc de blancs was created in 1986 in honor of the 100th anniversary of the Statue of Liberty in New York. Its own vineyards cover 20 hectares in the areas Cumières, Damery, Hautvillers and Verneuil, the rest is purchased by contract growers.