The winery "Bodegas Julián Chivite SL" is located in the municipality of Cintruénigo in the Spanish region or DO Navarra
, It is the largest and oldest company in the area. A notarial deed dated August 26, 1647 shows that Urahnin María Rubio, widow of Joseph de Chivite, already made wine. At that time the company was still a stagecoach station. In its current form, it was created in 1860. The estate, which is still family-owned, has been run by his children Julián jun., Carlos, Fernando and Mercedes Chivite since the death of Julián Chivite Marco (1910-1997). The vineyards cover a total of 550 hectares of vineyards in Aberin, Marcilla and Cintruénigo. The main varieties are the red Tempranillo, Garnacha Tinta, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon, as well as the white Macabeo (Viura), Moscatel de Grano Menudo (Muscat Blanc) and Chardonnay. The winery was completely renovated in 1988.
There are 18,000 French and American oak barrels available for the expansion of the wines. The “Gran Feudo” line includes red, rosé and white wines. In 1988 the "Señorío de Arínzano" estate with 125 hectares of vineyards was acquired, where the "Colección 125" line is produced. At the end of 2007, these vineyards were called Pago de Arínzano
as Vino de Pago
classified. The top product of the house is the "Vendimia Tarde Moscatel". In 1999 the "Legardeta" estate bordering on "Señorío de Arínzano" with 160 hectares of vineyards was acquired. Finally in 2001 in La Horra in the heart of the DO area Ribera del Duero
Bought 60 hectares of vineyards. The winery Viña Salceda
also belongs to the family.