South of the Danube lying part of the Lower Austrian wine region Wagram, It is separated from the second Wagram area north of the Danube. The part of Klosterneuburg is just north of the Austrian capital Wien lying municipality. In addition to the vineyards of the municipality of Klosterneuburg , those of the municipality of Tulln are also included. Klosterneuburg is an ancient wine-growing area, because the Roman X. Legion, which settled in the 1st century AD, was already wine-growing at that time. The Augustinian canons were founded by the Babenberg margrave Leopold III. the saint (1073-1136) because, according to legend, the wind-blown veil of his wife Agnes was found here and the ruler honored his vows. Leopold is also the patron saint of Lower Austria,
In the heyday, the monastery managed 1,200 hectares of vineyards in Klosterneuburg alone, the winery Klosterneuburg owns only 30 hectares here. This is the main thing phylloxera to blame, which destroyed many vineyards here at the end of the 19th century. In 1860 the Klosterneuburg Wine Institute founded and became the first director August-Wilhelm Freiherr von Babo (1827-1894) ordered. Due to its location, Klosterneuburg particularly suitable for viticulture, because its mostly sloping hills are exposed to the sun all day. The vineyards are close to the Danube and are limited by the moisture-regulating Wienerwald. Klosterneuburg includes the towns of Gugging, Kierling, Scheiblingstein, Weidling and Weidlingbach. The vineyard area of the township is 170 hectares and is 75% planted with white wines. The share of mixed sentence is relatively high, from which the typical wine for the numerous this year is pressed in the area. Known vineyards are Franz Hauser, Hengstberg, Weidling, To weigh and brick pit.