The Grand Cru location is in the Burgundian community Vosne-Romanée in the Burgundian area Côte d'Or, The name means "laborious work" (to strive for something). In 1791, the legendary vineyard was acquired by Claude Marey of the Liger-Belair family, one of the largest and oldest wine merchants in the area Burgundy, An areal expansion of the Premier Cru situation Les Gaudichots then followed in 1924. As in 1945, the Grand Cru location Romanée-Conti newly planted, the vines of La Tâche served as a basis. In both layers, the vines were ungrafted and were against the phylloxera in the so-called Kultural method combated with carbon disulfide. Both layers were then replanted with grafted vines, the first wines were then produced only in 1952.