The champagne house "Lanson Pére & Fils" in Reims was founded in 1760 by François Delamotte. In 1798 his son Nicolas-Louis Delamotte took the lead and introduced the Maltese Cross as a company emblem. He converted together with Jean-Baptiste Lanson the cellar into a society that later received the name "Lanson et Cie". In the second half of the 19th century, Lanson was appointed official purveyor to the English, Swedish and Spanish royal families. Since 1991, the company has owned a consortium led by Marne et Champagne. The champagne
are produced with a high percentage of Pinot Noir (around 50%) and Chardonnay. The Cuvée de Prestige
is called "Noble Cuvée" with higher percentage of Chardonnay (70%). Its own vineyards cover 210 hectares, of which one third of the production comes. Almost five million bottles of champagne are produced every year.