Single location in the municipality of Oestrich in the German growing region Rheingau, There are three versions for the origin of the name. On the one hand, the name could be derived from a mountain backrest that bordered on the original Lenchens location, and on the other hand, many words in the Oestrich dialect are reduced to “sch”. So a small fief is a fief, from which today's spelling Lenchen could have developed. According to the third version, the name derives from the old name "Landflechterbrunnen". Including neighboring locations resulted in a large enlargement. The relatively flat south-facing vineyards at 120 to 150 meters above sea level with 3 to 15% slope cover 120 hectares of vineyards.
The deep, gravelly soils consist of sand, loess, clay and marl. The majority of them are protected from the wind in a hollow. The original Lenchen is located on the northern local border and is characterized by a deep loess clay soil with many water veins and therefore good water supply. Furthermore, the location is also divided into the former small locations of Eiserberg, Eiserweg, Hölle, Pfaffenpfad and Rosengarten. The Eiserberg, for example, can be found in the Royal Prussian quality map of 1867 under the highest quality category of the Rheingau locations. The rose garden is partially enclosed by a wall. Here is almost exclusively the variety Riesling cultured. The vineyards, for example, have a share in the situation Bibo & Runge. Brother Eser. It is August. FB Schönleber. Privy Councilor J. Wegeler Heirs. Georg Müller Foundation. Hirschmann Christoph. Bold Peter Jakob. Querbach. Rothenbach Fritz and Spreader Andreas & Bernd,