The winery H. Lentsch is located in the municipality of Branzoll in the lowlands of the province of Bolzano in the Italian wine-growing area South-Tirol
(Region Trentino-Alto Adige
). It was founded in 1882 by the purchase of the estate "Adlerhof" and the inn "Zum Schwarzen Adler" by the brothers Norbert and Hartmann Lentsch. Hartmann Lentsch started to make his own wine for the inn. The total estate comprises 35 hectares of orchards and vineyards. Today the company is run by oenologist Klaus Lentsch. The vineyards cover 14 hectares of vineyards, with the red varieties Cabernet Sauvignon (over 50%) Merlot (20%), Lagrein (18%) and Vernatsch, and the white varieties Gold Muskateller, Pinot Grigio and Chardonnay are planted.
After selective harvest, the white wines are one to 12 hours maceration fermented at 18 ° C and classically expanded. In the case of red wines, alcoholic fermentation takes place in steel tanks and malolactic fermentation in concrete casks. After that they mature for up to a year in large wooden barrels and in French oak barrels. Before marketing, the red wines mature for another 12 to 24 months in the bottle. The large product range includes in the selection line various wines of the DOC area South Tyrol
, such as Cabernet Merlot Palestina and Lagrein Morus. Every year around 85,000 bottles of wine are produced. The winery is a member of Free winegrowers of South Tyrol