Historical individual location in the city of Worms (Wonnegau area) in the German growing region Rheinhessen, The famous vineyard was once the church property of the eponymous Capuchin monastery Liebfrauen-Stiftskirche. In the course of Napoleonic The vineyards were secularized by the wine merchant Peter Joseph in 1808 Valckenberg (1764-1837) bought and are still partly in the possession of his descendants and owners of the winery Liebfrauenstift, The famous wine originally only produced here came from the historic part with nine hectares of vineyards Liebfraumilch, The wine from the centerpiece shows one smoky Taste that comes from the debris from the Palatinate War of Succession (1688–1697). At that time the rubble from the city was deposited around the Liebfrauenkirche and vineyards were built on it. Around 1900 it was considered one of the best in Europe and was consumed at the British royal court, among others. Unfortunately, this geographically narrow term became independent of the exact term on all Rhine wines origin extended and thus largely diluted the former concept of quality.
The newly aligned vineyards at 95 to 100 meters above sea level comprise 17 hectares of vineyards, which are located in the middle of the city of Worms around the Liebfrauenkirche. The topsoil consists of loess with a high proportion of red lying. Below that is a layer of sand and gravel. The location is surrounded by walls, which provide good protection against winds. Nearby Rhine exerts a positive influence. Around 80% will be here Riesling as well as Pinot Blanc ( Pinot Blanc ) cultivated. The vineyards, for example, have a share in the situation Gutzler Gerhard. Liebfrauenstift (formerly Valckenberg), Schembs Arno and Spohr,