SIGN UP LOG IN

The largest wine encyclopedia in the world

22.754 Keywords • 48.620 Synonyms • 5.293 Translations • 7.912 Pronunciations • 150.208 Cross-references

0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Maremma Toscana

DOC area for reds, rosé wines and white wines in the south of the Italian region Tuscany, He lies in the countryside Maremma (look there). The former IGT area was highly classified in 2011. The zone covers the entire province of Grosseto. If the grapes come from certain municipalities with classified vineyards, the community may as well Vigna followed by the name of the label on the bottle label. There are almost 200 defined geographical indications. The municipalities are Arcidosso, Campagnatico, Castel del Piano, Castell'Azzara, Castiglione della Pescaia, Cinigiano, Civitella Paganico, Follonica, Gavorrano, Grosseto, Isola del Giglio, Magliano in Tuscany, Manciano, Monterotondo Marittimo, Montieri, Orbetello, Roccalbegna, Roccastrada , Santa Fiora, Scarlino, Seggiano, Semproniano and Sorano.

The varietal wines must contain at least 85% of the respective variety, the rest of 15% may be other authorized varieties. The six white wines are Ansonica ( Inzolia ) Chardonnay, Sauvignon ( Sauvignon Blanc ), Trebbiano ( Trebbiano Toscano ) Vermentino and Viognier, The eight red wines are Alicante ( Alicante Henri Bouschet ), Cabernet ( Cabernet Franc and or Cabernet Sauvignon ) Cabernet Sauvignon, Canaiolo ( Canaiolo Nero ) Ciliegiolo. Merlot. Sangiovese and Syrah,

The Bianco is made from Trebbiano Toscano and / or Vermentino (40%). The Rosso (also as Novello ) is produced from Sangiovese (about 40%). The Rosato is blended from Ciliegiolo and / or Sangiovese (to 40%). Of the Vin Santo (in secco and dolce) becomes from Trebbiano Toscano and / or Malvasia = Malvasia Bianca Lunga (about 40%) produced. All four types of wine can use up to 60% of other approved varieties. There is also another Spumante of the three types of wine Bianco, Vermentino and Ansonica.

World's largest wine knowledge database, made with by our author Norbert Tischelmayer.

About the Glossary

Calendar EVENTS NEAR YOU

Privacy Notice: ×

Cookies facilitate the provision of our services. By using our services, you agree that we use cookies.