SIGN UP LOG IN

The largest wine encyclopedia in the world

22.775 Keywords • 48.560 Synonyms • 5.298 Translations • 7.910 Pronunciations • 151.045 Cross-references

0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Marino

DOC area for white wines in the Italian region Lazio, It was extensively expanded in 2011 by new types of wine. The zone is located in the western part of the area Castelli Romani; through the area runs the famous Via Appia Antica. It covers approximately 1,700 hectares in full extent of the municipalities Marino and Ciampino, as well as portions of Castel Gandolfo and Roma in the province Roma. The Classico area includes the historic part of the municipality of Marino. If the grapes come from classified vineyards, can Vigna followed by the name of the layer, also indicated on the bottle label.

The Marino must have at least 50% Malvasia Rossa ( Malvasia Bianca di Candia ), the remaining 50% may be other approved non-aromatic varieties. There are also the types of wine Superiore (higher alcohol content), Passito (Sweet) Vendemmia tardiva (Late harvest) Frizzante and Spumante, There can be one of them all Classico give.

The varietal wines must contain at least 85% of the respective variety, the remaining 15% may be other authorized varieties. There are the types of wine Bellone, Bombino ( Bombino Bianco ) Greco. Malvasia del Lazio and Trebbiano Verde ( Verdicchio Bianco ). The tastes secco, abboccato, amabile and dolce are slightly different for each type of wine.

World's largest wine knowledge database, made with by our author Norbert Tischelmayer.

About the Glossary

Calendar EVENTS NEAR YOU

Privacy Notice: ×

Cookies facilitate the provision of our services. By using our services, you agree that we use cookies.