SIGN UP LOG IN

The largest wine encyclopedia in the world

22.543 Keywords • 48.939 Synonyms • 5.291 Translations • 7.918 Pronunciations • 147.014 Cross-references

0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Meran hill

Meranese di Collina (I)
Subzone (also Meraner, Italian Meranese di Collina or Meranese) for red wine within the DOC area South Tyrol (Alto Adige) in the Italian winegrowing area South-Tirol (in the double region Trentino-Alto Adige ). The zone includes the south and southwest slopes around the city of Meran on both sides of the Adige in the municipalities Lagundo, Postal, Gargazzone, Kuens (Caines), Lana (Lana), Tscherms ( Cermes), Marling (Marlengo), Merano, Rifiano, Scena, St. Pancrazio, Tisimo and Tirolo.

The wines from the historical locations around the historic castle Tyrol may use the name "Burggräfler" (Italian del Burgraviato). If the grapes come from classified vineyards, can Vigna followed by the layer name. The wine must have at least 85% Vernatsch varieties (see schiava ) contain; the remaining 15% may be other approved varieties such as Lagrein be. It is also called "Meraner Hauswein".

World's largest wine knowledge database, made with by our author Norbert Tischelmayer.

About the Glossary

Calendar EVENTS NEAR YOU

Privacy Notice:

×
Cookies facilitate the provision of our services. By using our services, you agree that we use cookies.