In the early 1880s, the two Canadian irrigation engineers George Chaffey (1848-1932) and William Benjamin Chaffey (1856-1926) were commissioned by the government in the Australian state of Victoria, in what is now the area Murray Darling Take measures to help those there drought problems to manage. As a result, large agricultural areas were replaced by artificial ones irrigation created. The current city of Mildura was founded in 1887 and 3,300 settlers moved here in just four years. The two brothers also acquired land in the area of the former “Jamiesons Run” sheep station in 1888, planted vines on 150 hectares and called their property Château Mildura . The first vintage was produced in 1891. The winery was then taken over by Mildura Winery Pty Ltd in 1910 (renamed Mild a ra Winery Pty Ltd in 1937). In 1934 Harry Ron Haselgrove (1900-1978) was hired as a consultant who had worked in the cognac area. He later became chairman of the company, where he was responsible until 1971. Haselgrove expanded the product range to include Sherry-style wines and brandies.
Haselgrove acquired in 1956 in the area Coonawarra 12.5 hectares, which have grown to 255 hectares to date. A new winery was opened in 1963. A red wine in Bordeaux style ( Cabernet Sauvignon. Merlot. Cabernet Franc. Shiraz ) was created in 1987 under the historical name "Jamiesons Run". Two years later, one under the same name Chardonnay released. In 1991 it merged with the winegrowing pioneer winery Wolf pale (* 1934), the company now operated as Mildara Blass . The estate included well-known wineries such as Baileys of Glenrowan, Ingoldby, Maglieri, Rothbury Estate, Saltram, St. Huberts, Yarra Ridge and Yellowglen. Eventually Mildara Blass became Multi in 1996 Foster's acquired. By buying the California winery Beringer The Multi Beringer Blass Wine Estates was created in 2001, from the 2005 Foster's Wine Estates and finally in 2011 Treasury Wine Estates emerged.