Common single-layer name in the German-speaking area, which is mostly derived from a winery operated by a monastery (monks).
The name goes back to the former monastic property of the Augustinian Abbey Klosterrath near Aachen. The west-southeast facing vineyards at 140 to 260 meters above sea level with a 10 to 75% gradient cover 61 hectares of vineyards. They consist of stony to slightly loamy greywacke and slate weathering soils. The forest next to it protects against cold air ingress. The steep terraces facing south are among the best areas of the inhomogeneous location. Above all, the varieties Riesling, Pinot Noir ( Pinot Noir ), Pinot Noir and Blue Portuguese cultivated, some of them too true to root be grown. The vineyards, for example, have a share in the situation Bertram Julia, Deutzerhof and Jean Stodden, as well as members of the Mayschoß-Altenahr wine cooperative.
The name was first mentioned in documents in 1476. The vineyard takes its name from the Cistercian monks of the monastery Eberbach who managed the Neuhof, which still exists today, with the surrounding areas. The south-east to south-facing vineyard with up to 60% slope encompasses 30 hectares of vineyards on gravelly clay. Riesling, Scheurebe and Portugieser are cultivated here. The vineyards, for example, have a share in the situation Anheuser Paul and Imperial Count von Plettenberg.
The name goes back to the former possession of the Zwiefalten monastery. Part of it came into the possession of the House of Württemberg in 1671. The vineyards, which are oriented from west-northwest to southeast, with a slope of 5 to 50%, cover 184 hectares of vineyards on gypsum-Keuper soils with light marl. Mainly the varieties Lemberger, Pinot Noir, Trollinger and Riesling are grown here. The vineyards, for example, have a share in the situation Duke of Württemberg, Schnaitmann and Wine manufacturer Untertürkheim.
There are also other individual layers of this name in the municipalities and growing areas of Hergenfeld, Hüffelsheim (both Nahe), Mönchstockheim (Franconia) and Volxheim (Rheinhessen).