Single location in the municipality Odernheim in the German growing area Near
, which is named after the monastery of the same name. The Holy Disibod (619-700) was an Irish monk. On his journey, Disibod came to the Nahe valley to a place, according to the legend in a dream, "... where two rivers unite"
. Disibod found this at the confluence of Nahe and Glan at Odernheim. After Disibod's death, a church and a monastery-like complex were built on the mountain. After a changeful history 1108 came here Benedictine
founded. The famous mystics Hildegard von Bingen
(1098-1179) joined the monastery in 1112 as a young novice. In 1259 then took over Cistercian
from Otterberg Monastery (a subsidiary of Kloster Eberbach
) the monastery. In 1985, the only more ruin existing structure was partially renovated. The last private owner, Ehrengard Freiifrau von Racknitz, transferred the former monastery area to the Disibodenberg SCIVIAS Foundation in 1989.
The oriented south to southeast terraced vineyard in 138 to 216 meters above sea level with 5 to 60% slope covers nearly nine hectares of vineyards. It is located on the ridge below the former monastery between the rivers Nahe and Glan and is protected from westerly winds. The heat-retaining 11 kilometers of dry stone walls made of sandstone provide a special microclimate on the terraces. The soil consists of relatively solid sedimentary rocks (sandstone, siltstone, shale) and Rotliegendem with a high proportion of fine earth. Here are mainly cultivated Riesling and Pinot Gris. In November 2008, there were five wild vines of the variety in an unmanaged area Orleans
which are believed to be many centuries old. Shares in the situation have for example the wineries Grossarth
. Klostermühle Odernheim
and for the most part Racknitz