The Champagne House was founded in 1849 by Paul Roger (1831-1899) in Éperney. His sons Maurice and Georges changed according to the French pronunciation of Paul the family name in Pol-Roger. Initially, there were no own vineyards and no cellar of their own, but wines were produced for other champagne houses. Many years later it was produced and marketed under its own name. The focus was on the English market, the first bottles were exported in 1876. Today's property comprises about 85 hectares of vineyards in prime locations, of which one third of the production comes.
The 1984 created Cuvée de Prestige
is called "Sir Winston Churchill" and is assembled from Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. The naming took place in honor of the English politician (1874-1965). This one liked to drink champagne
from this house and gave his race horse after a valued by his family member the name "Odette Pol-Roger". The company provided its labels with black outline after Churchill's death for 25 years. Pol Roger is one of the few family owned champagne houses. Today's boss Hubert de Billy comes from the fifth generation. The company is a member of the prestigious association PFV
(Primum Familiae Vini).