SIGN UP LOG IN

The largest wine encyclopedia in the world

22.777 Keywords • 48.496 Synonyms • 5.298 Translations • 7.909 Pronunciations • 151.262 Cross-references

0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Pomino

DOC area for reds, rosé wines and white wines in the Italian region Tuscany, 40 kilometers northeast of Florence. The area includes the municipality of Pomino in the province of Firenze. By Grand Duke Cosimo III. (1642-1723) received this area (beside Chianti and Carmignano ) already in 1716 legal status and a protected Origin designation, He was from the winery Frescobaldi revived, which operates here one of its many wineries and also has the largest part of the vineyards. The zone with the highest Tuscan vineyards covers the southwest slopes around the Rufina district Pomino. The vineyards are located up to 700 meters above sea level on the Apennine Consuma Pass. If the grapes come from classified vineyards, can Vigna followed by the name of the layer on label be specified.

The Bianco is going out Chardonnay and / or Pinot Grigio logo CNRS logo INIST Pinot Gris and / or Pinot Bianco logo CNRS logo INIST Pinot Blanc (about 70%), as well as other approved varieties (max 30%). The Rosso is out Sangiovese (to 50%), Pinot Nero = Pinot Noir and or Merlot (max 50%) and other approved varieties (max 25%). Both are also called Vendemmia tardiva ( late vintage ) and as Riserva, The varietal wines must contain at least 85% of the respective variety, the remaining 15% may be other approved varieties. These are the two white wines Chardonnay and Sauvignon ( Sauvignon Blanc ), as well as the two red wines Pinot Nero and Merlot.

The White Vin Santo is produced from the varieties Pinot Bianco and / or Pinot Grigio and / or Chardonnay and / or Trebbiano Toscano. The rosé-colored Vin Santo Occhio di Pernice is produced from the same varieties as the Rosso. The types of wine Spumante and Spumante Rosato or Spumante Rosé (both as Riserva ) are made from Chardonnay and / or Pinot Bianco and / or Pinot Nero (to 70%). You have to store at least 24 months on the yeast.

World's largest wine knowledge database, made with by our author Norbert Tischelmayer.

About the Glossary

Calendar EVENTS NEAR YOU

Privacy Notice: ×

Cookies facilitate the provision of our services. By using our services, you agree that we use cookies.