The famous viticulture family Prüm from the municipality Bernkastel-Wehlen in the German growing area Moselle has a long history dating back at least to the 16th century. A documentary first mentioned was Gerhardus Hermann Prüm (1169-1229), to which, however, no direct lineage can be found. The first genealogically proven ancestor Peter Prüm has come from St. Goar to Wehlen. The progenitor of today's winemaking families is Sebastian Alois Prüm (1794-1871). He married Maria Anna Ehsius in 1821. Of the seven sons again married only Mathias (1835-1890), who owned one of the larger wineries in the Middle Mosel. Mathias Prüm and Katharina (née Kieren) had six children. Among these, the estate was divided in 1911 and it resulted in a series of well-known wineries.
The biggest inheritance called SA Prüm received the named after his grandfather Sebastian Alois Prüm (1877-1959). From this line also went the two wineries Jos. Christoffel jr. and Senters. Johann Josef Prüm (1873-1944) named his inheritance Joh. Jos. Prüm, From the inheritance of Peter Prüm (1881-1970) went in the episode by a merger, the winery Studert-Prüm out. Anna Maria Prüm (1887-1926) married dr. Franz Weins, from which the winery Dr. F. Wine Prüm resulted. Maria Anna Prüm (1875-1904) married Zacharias Bergweiler (1861-1934). Grandchildren are Ernst Loosen, who is the winery Dr. Loosen leads, as well as Wilhelm Weil, director of the winery Robert Because, After the early death of his first wife Maria Anna Bergweiler married her sister Maria Katharina Prüm (1884-1954); From this went the winery Dr. Pauly-Bergweiler out. In Uferallee in Wehlen lie the four estates Joh. Jos. Prüm. SA Prüm. Studert-Prüm and Dr. F. Wine Prüm side by side.
In 1842, Jodocus Prüm (1807-1876), brother of the ancestor Sebastian Alois Prüm (1794-1871), built sundials in the vineyards of Wehlen and Zeltingen. He did not want to create a name for a place, but rather to facilitate the timekeepers for the winemakers. The names Wehlener and Zeltinger derive from this sundial from.