SIGN UP LOG IN

The largest wine encyclopedia in the world

22.768 Keywords • 48.566 Synonyms • 5.293 Translations • 7.910 Pronunciations • 150.682 Cross-references

0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Salaparuta

DOC area for red wines and white wines in the Italian region or on the island Sicily, The area covers in its entirety the municipality of Salaparuta in the province of Trapani. The city of Salaparuta was completely destroyed during an earthquake in 1968 and rebuilt.

The varietal wines must contain at least 85% of the respective variety, the remaining 15% may be other approved varieties. The four white wines are Catarratto ( Catarratto Bianco ) Chardonnay. Inzolia and Grillo, The four reds are Cabernet Sauvignon. Merlot. Nero d'Avola and Syrah, The Rosso is made from at least 65% Nero d'Avola. Of the Novello is blended from Nero d'Avola (to 50%) and Merlot (to 20%). The Bianco is produced from at least 60% Catarratto Bianco. A longer matured Riserva There are of all red wines.

World's largest wine knowledge database, made with by our author Norbert Tischelmayer.

About the Glossary

Calendar EVENTS NEAR YOU

Privacy Notice: ×

Cookies facilitate the provision of our services. By using our services, you agree that we use cookies.