SIGN UP LOG IN

The largest wine encyclopedia in the world

23.021 Keywords • 48.219 Synonyms • 5.303 Translations • 28.327 Pronunciations • 154.138 Cross-references

0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Santa Margherita di Belice

DOC area for red and white wines in the Italian region Sicily, The zone comprises the two municipalities of Santa Margherita di Belice and Montevago in the province of Agrigento. Under this DOC name, however, wines are also allowed in the municipalities of Castelvetrano, Partanna, Poggioreale and Salaparuta in the province of Trapani, as well as in the three DOC areas Contessa Entellina. Menfi and Sambuca di Sicilia to be produced.

The Rosso is made from the varieties Cabernet Sauvignon and or Sangiovese (50-80%), Nero d'Avola (20-50%), as well as other approved varieties (max. 15%) blended. The Bianco is made from the Ansonica varieties Inzolia (30-50%), Catarratto Bianco Lucido and / or Grecanico = Garganega (50-70%), as well as other approved varieties (max. 15%).

The varietal wines must contain at least 85% of the respective variety, the rest up to a maximum of 15% can be other approved varieties. The two red wines are Nero d'Avola and Sangiovese, The three white wines are Ansonica, Catarratto and Grecanico.

World's largest wine knowledge database, made with by our author Norbert Tischelmayer.

About the Glossary

Calendar EVENTS NEAR YOU To Online-Events

Privacy Notice: ×

Cookies facilitate the provision of our services. By using our services, you agree that we use cookies.