The winery is located in the municipality Kröv (Bernkastel area) in the German wine-growing region Moselle, It is one of the oldest farms on the Moselle. In 862, King Lothar II (835-869) gave the court to the court Benedictine monastery Stavelot, in whose possession it was up to Napoleonic Secularization remained. In 1805, the estate was acquired by the French state by Peter Schneiders, an ancestor of the current owners. Today the company is run by Jan Matthias Klein. The vineyards cover nine hectares of vineyards in the individual layers Letterlay, paradise and Steffensberg (Kröv), Hofberger (Neumagen-Dhron), as well as podium (Piesport). You are 75% with Riesling, such as Müller-Thurgau. Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir ( Pinot Noir ) Frühburgunder and regent planted. It will Organic viticulture according to the rules of ECOVIN practiced.
The wines are produced in the lines "Schoppenweine", "Motivwein" (light and fruity), "Wappen wines" (from old vines from Steillagen) and "signature wines" (Beerenauslese, Trockenbeerenauslese). In weather-appropriate years are also Eiswein vinified. Premium wines are the vineyard Rieslings, "Old vines" (Riesling off ungrafted Vines in Single pile education ) and the red wine cuvée "Drei Farben Rot". Bottle-fermented sparkling wines, brandies (yeast, pomace, fruit) and grape juices are also produced. The winery is a member of the international association Slow Food and the winegrower association The tiny little ring.