The traditional winery based in California
Sonoma was founded in 1904 by the Italian Samuele Sebastiani (died 1944), who immigrated from Tuscany in 1895. After the father's death, August Sebastiani and his wife Sylvia continued to expand the company. "Don Sebastiani" was called the "King of Open Wines" because mainly simple bulk wines were produced. In 1974 daughter Mary Ann and her husband Richard F. Cuneo took responsibility and started producing quality wines in 1980. The wines were bottled under the labels Richard Cuneo, Pepperwood Grove, August Sebastiani and Talus. In the fourth generation, son Marc Cuneo was responsible for the vineyards. At best, these included 165 hectares of vineyards in various AVA areas of the Sonoma County
, After internal quarrels, most of the company's brands had to be sold in 2000. Since then, only “Sebastiani” has been produced.