The St. Pauls winery is located in St. Pauls, the northern part of the municipality of Appiano (Appiano) in the area South-Tirol (Alto Adige) in the Italian region Trentino-Alto Adige, It was founded in 1907 by 36 winegrowers. President is Leopold Kager, managing director Dr. Alessandro Righi and cellar master Wolfgang Tratter. The historical basement extends over four floors. The 215 members cultivate over 175 hectares of vineyards in various locations around St. Pauls. The most important of these are Eggleiten, Eppan Berg, Gfillhof, Huberfeld, Luziafeld, Plötzner and St. Justina. The white wines Pinot Blanc ( Pinot Blanc ) Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio ( Pinot gris ) Müller Thurgau. Sauvignon Blanc. Riesling. Gewurztraminer and Goldmuskateller, as well as the red wine varieties Vernatsch, Lagrein. Merlot, Pinot Noir ( Pinot Noir )and Cabernet Sauvignon cultured.
Quality criteria are careful management, advice and training of winegrowers, promotion of quality groups, and reduced yields. The wines are produced in the St. Pauls and TOP-Passion lines. The product range includes various wines from the DOC range South Tyrol, Premium wines are Pinot Blanc, Pinot Blanc Passion, and the 12 months in Barrique developed Pinot Noir Riserva Passion. Around 1.2 million bottles of wine are produced each year, around a third of which is exported. In 2005 the wine and champagne winery was taken over kössler including wine storage, suppliers and customers. In addition, the bottle-fermented sparkling wine "Praeclarus Cuvée St. Pauls Brut" is produced, which matures at constant temperature in the old military bunker in St. Pauls for 48 months.