The winery, also known as the Studert-Prüm Maximinhof, is located in the municipality of Bernkastel-Wehlen (Bernkastel area) in the German wine-growing region Moselle
, The traditional Studert family operates in the 14th generation since 1581 viticulture. The Maximinhof was the Wehlener possession of the Benedictine Abbey
St. Maximin zu Trier and was already recorded in 1258. He came in the wake of secularization under Emperor Napoleon
(1769-1821) in the possession of the Studert family in 1805. In 1911 the estate was owned by Mathias Prüm
(1835-1890) divided among his children. One of the heirs was Peter Prüm (1881-1970). After the death of Peter Prüms in 1970, his winery was merged with that of the Studerts and received the present name. After the death of the parents and the retirement of Gerhard Studert, the estate will be continued by Stephan Studert and his son Michael Studert in the Uferallee.
After the division of the winery in 2015, the vineyards cover 2.2 hectares of vineyards in the individual layers dig
(Graach), as well as Nonnenberg and sundial
(Wehlen). You are 40% with ungrafted
Riesling vines planted. After a selective selection of the grapes during the harvest, a gentle pressing and slow fermentation takes place. The wines are partly matured in stainless steel tanks and partly in wooden barrels in the underground vaulted cellars. Every year about 20,000 bottles of wine are produced in all flavors. In addition, sparkling wines are also produced in classic bottle fermentation. The winery is a member of the Riesling association.