The famous Port Wine House was built in 1692 by Job Bearsley at Villa Nova de Gaia ( postage ), then there were until 1844 about 20 name changes. With the entry of John Taylor 1816, John Fladgate 1837 and Morgan Yeatman 1844 it received today's name Taylor, Fladgate & Yeatman, but is usually referred to as Taylor's short. In 1744 Bartholomew Bearsey (the son of the founders) acquired the Casa dos Alambiques winery in Salgeiral near Régua, which is still the company's central winery today. This Taylor's became the first English port wine trading house with its own vineyard property. The American Joseph Camo was added in 1808 as a new partner. In 1893, the property was expanded by the acquisition of the Quinta da Vargellas (220 ha) on the upper Douro, which is considered the flagship of the company.
In 1948 the takeover of the company took place Fonseca Guimaraens with the three wineries Quinta Cruzeiro, Quintas Panascal and Quinta Santo António. The sister company continues to produce port wines of its own style under its own label. In addition, the wineries Quinta da Terra Feita 1974 and Quinta Terra Feita de Cima in 1990. Alistair Robertson (a nephew of Mrs. Dick Yeatman) took over the business in 1967 and is now the main shareholder. The port wines Taylor's are among the absolute best. The top products are the Tawnys with age (20 years, 40 years), the LBVs (introduced by Taylor's, by the way) and the Vintage Ports. Of the latter, the outstanding vintages apply in 1948 and 1992 as Wines of the century, Since 2001, the company belongs to the group of companies Fladgate Partnership,