The estate is located in the municipality of Unterloiben Dürnstein
in the Lower Austrian wine region Wachau
, The history goes back over a thousand years when Emperor Henry II (973-1024) the Benedictine
Tegernsee gave "two hubs of land". In 1176 the Tegernseerhof was established, which then for centuries Lesehof
served. In the Weingartenbüchl zu Tegernsee, the farm with its vineyards was first recorded in 1427. At the beginning of the 19th century, the court passed to the Austrian Empire and became privately owned decades later. The estate was taken over by Franz and Mathilde Mittelbach in the 1970s. Today the business is run by son Martin.
The vineyards cover 23 hectares of vineyards in the Höhereck vineyards, Kellerberg
and Zwerithaler. White wine varieties are cultivated to 90%, the most important of which are Grüner Veltliner and Riesling. The grapes are picked selectively by hand, with the individual reading runs extending into December. When vinifying the wines, great importance is attached to preserving the regional identity. The premium wines include various Grüner Veltliners and Rieslings according to the guidelines of the winegrowers' association Vinea Wachau Nobilis Districtus