Historic winery in the eponymous district of Telavi in the region of Kakheti in Georgia
, It was built in 1886 by the Georgian politician and poet Prince Alexandre Chavchavadze (1786-1846). The castle, long before that, was used by the family as a summer residence. It became famous in the middle of the 19th century for many distinguished literary figures including Alexandre Dumas (1802-1870), Alexander Pushkin (1799-1837), Mikhail Lermontov (1814-1841) and Chavchavadze's son-in-law Alexander Griboyedov (1795- 1829). That is why the estate is also called the "literary heart of scribes and poets."
The cellars of the winery are designed for a storage capacity of ten million liters. In the treasury
There were more than 16,000 bottles of wine, including 500 bottles from the 19th century. Their ability to indulge is doubtful. The buildings have been renovated, there is also a large, well-kept park. A wine production no longer takes place, instead it functions as the Alexandre-Chavchavadze Museum. There is also a catering business. A well-known Georgian brand wine is also called Tsinandali