The winery is located south of Pomerol
in the same area (Bordeaux). It was founded as early as the 16th century, and since 1745 it has been known under its current name. In the period 1770-1875 it belonged to the family Demay, then the wine was in terms of quality at the top of Pomerol and was the most expensive in the area. The next owner was Charles de Bousquet. In 1924 it was acquired by the Belgian Georges Thienpont. From 1943 to 1985 it was run by Léon Thienpont, today his son Alexandre is responsible. The family also owns the neighboring famous Château Le Pin
, The vineyards cover 14 hectares and are planted with the varieties Merlot (60%), Cabernet Franc (30%) and Cabernet Sauvignon (10%). The extremely long-lived red wine matures for 18 to 22 months in 100% new oak barrels. He will be without filtration
bottled. Of the quality, he is often the neighboring Château Pétrus
equated, but with less Merlot and more Cabernet share a very different, Médoc-like style. The second wine is called "La Gravette de Certan".