The largest wine encyclopedia in the world

23.021 Keywords • 48.219 Synonyms • 5.303 Translations • 28.327 Pronunciations • 154.138 Cross-references

0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z


Valle Venosta (I)
Subzone (Valle Venosta) for white and red wines within the DOC area South Tyrol (Alto Adige or dell'Alto Adige) in the Italian wine sector South-Tirol (in the double region Trentino-Alto Adige ). It includes the municipalities of Kastelbell-Tschars (Castelbello-Ciardes), Latsch (Laces), Naturns (Naturno), Partschins (Parcines) and Schlanders (Silandro). If the grapes come from classified vineyards, can Vigna followed by the location name.

The wines must contain at least 85% of the respective variety, the remaining 15% can be other approved varieties. The eight white wines are Chardonnay. Kerner. Müller-Thurgau, Pinot Bianco ( Pinot Blanc ), Pinot Grigio ( Pinot gris ) Riesling, Sauvignon ( Sauvignon Blanc ) and Traminer Aromatico ( Gewurztraminer ). There is also one of all white wines Passito and a Vendemmia tardiva ( late vintage ). The two red wines are Pinot Nero ( Pinot Noir ) and Schiava (various Schiava varieties ). There is also one of all wines except Müller-Thurgau Riserva,

World's largest wine knowledge database, made with by our author Norbert Tischelmayer.

About the Glossary

Calendar EVENTS NEAR YOU To Online-Events

Privacy Notice: ×

Cookies facilitate the provision of our services. By using our services, you agree that we use cookies.