The order of the Cistercian brought viticulture to the market in the early 14th century Brandenburg, This comprised the largest part of today's state of Brandenburg in the northeast Germany, From the beginning of the 15th century the Hohenzollern took over and promoted viticulture. In this context, many electoral vineyards were created and from now on there was no electoral table missing from the electoral table. Until the end of the 17th century, there were still over 100 hectares of vineyards in the Mark. At the beginning of the 18th century, it became the core province of the Kingdom of Prussia. With the founding of the GDR, Brandenburg became part of the new state, but the part east of the Oder-Neisse line was created Poland, The state of Brandenburg was founded in 1990 after reunification. The last vines froze to death in the extremely cold winter of 1955/1956, and it was not until 1985 that vineyards were planted on four hectares of vineyards in Werderaner Wachtelberg.
The Werderaner Wachtelberg is located in the town of Werder an der Havel near Potsdam southwest of Berlin, The area has been part of the German wine-growing region since 1991 Saale-Unstrut, but is geographically outside this area. The vineyard has been approved by the EU for the production of quality wines. The vineyard, owned by the city of Werder, covers six hectares of vineyards on deep sandy soil. It will be the white varieties Müller-Thurgau. Saphira. Sauvignon Blanc and Kernling, as well as the red wine varieties regent and Dornfelder cultured. Dr. Manfred Lindicke took over the management in 1996. However, the wines are aged in the state winery Pforta Monastery (Hall houses, Bad Kösen). In 2002, two wine trails were created, each with 40 white and red grape varieties, and an ostrich shop was opened. The Werderaner Wachtelberg is the one with 52 degrees and 23 minutes northernmost vineyard the world regarding quality viticulture.