The estate is located in the town of Krems in the Lower Austrian wine region Kremstal, Its origins date back to the 13th century. A vineyard property of the city of Krems is detectable for the year 1452, making it one of the oldest wineries Austria and also of Europe. Until 1744, basement and pressing facilities were housed under the town hall, then in the cellar of the Brotherhood "Corporis Christi". In 1915, the city of Krems acquired a wine cellar in the moat, since then the estate wines are pressed there. In July 2003, Fritz Miesbauer, previously the long-time managing director of the Outdoor Vinegar Wachau, the leadership. As cellar master Peter Rethaller is responsible. There were extensive investments in the cellar technology.
The vineyards cover 31 hectares of vineyards in their own possession. The most important varieties are Grüner Veltliner and Riesling with 95% share. The vineyards in the east of the city are dominated by loess soils. In the vineyards Gebling. sandpit and Weinzierlberg are next to the dominant variety Green Valtellina also Riesling. Pinot Blanc and Chardonnay cultivated. In the west of the city, adjacent to the wine-growing region Wachau Narrow terraces on steep mountain slopes dominate the landscape. Here are the vineyards Grillenparz, Kögl and Kremsleiten, Pfaffenberg and Wachtberg with especially Grüner Veltliner and Riesling. The dry wines are offered only in the catering trade and in the specialized trade, the export quota amounts to 50%. Every year around 120,000 bottles of wine are produced. The winery is a member of Traditionsweingüter Austria,